I worked as a Chef, Marketing Director in Real Estate, Cost Controller, Blogger and Financial Advisor those are positions I took in the last 10 years. The truth, I'm trying to figure out which position will fit to my future goals but money is a part of consideration, from being a Chef jumping to Cost Controller is 50% more pay. Blogging is a challenging endeavor, it took 2 years for monetization.
Developing skills will be part of your journey to prosperity. You can get promotions, partime consulting job, and start your own business.
Aside from developing skills, developing key habits and attitude change will gives you more money;
1. Surround yourself with rich minded people. "Your net worth mirrors the level of your closest friends"- Siebold. If you are hanging out with those happy go lucky friends then there will be no difference in your lifestyle.
2. Read books. Rich people choose to read to increase their knowledge instead of watching TV. I finish one book in a week.
3. Don't put your money on the bank. If you have extra savings don't let your money sleep for .01% interest instead invest it on other financial instruments stocks, bonds, mutual funds etc. etc.
4. Hustle, hustle. Learn to create money machines. Having a monthly passive income is a protection from unexpected termination or laid offs.
5. Budget. I highly recommend to start learning how to make your budget or cash flows statement especially for your Christmas bonus or extras. Here is the link for a great budgeting app iProsper https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ps.iprosperapp&hl=en