5 Most Common Mistakes of Pinoy OFWs
I travelled around different cities and lived in 5 different countries in the last 8 years, from Rome, London, Norway, Singapore and UAE. I met Pinoy OFWs abroad, I heard stories of hardship and sacrifice.
If you are thinking of leaving our country and working abroad, I would like you to avoid 5 common mistakes;
1. Personal Loans - most OFWs are not prepared and they don't plan for financial sacrifices. They will ask for loans and make their house a collateral. They will work for at least 2 years to pay back their loans.
2. "Land of Milk and Honey". - they believe that going abroad is the only way to get out of poverty. They don't know that it's not easy to find a job and most of the time they could not practice their professions, end up disappointed working as a cleaner.
3. Provide more than they could afford. They will work day and night because they need to provide for their families and neighbors. Sometimes, they will skip their own meals to save and remit more money back home.
4. Few OFWs save and invest. At the time they start earning they thinking of building their dream house instead of building their assets that could help them retire.
5. Facebook Post. We love to show our travels and good places thru Facebook photos but behind it there are sweats and tears."Huwag umuwi na ang bitbit Lang ay Facebook Photos", dapat may Ipon at hindi lang IPhone". Or else you will keep working even at the time of old age.
Feel Free To Share your Mistakes so others will learn and avoid it.